Fancy a boozy brunch? Check out this delicious Long Dog Gin marmalade. Spread it on toast or enjoy it in a Breakfast Martini!
500g Seville/blood oranges
Juice of 1 lemon
500g jam sugar
150ml Long Dog Gin
- Place the oranges into pan, cover with water and bring to the boil with a lid on the pan. Simmer for 1.5 hours checking that the oranges are always covered with water – top up with boiling water as required.
- Remove the oranges from the pan and allow to cool. Reserve 100ml of the cooking water.
- Cut the oranges into quarters, removing any pips. Scrape out the pulp and set to one side.
- Thinly slice half of the orange peel and add to the pan, along with the pulp and the reserved water and 100ml of gin.
- Add the lemon juice and jam sugar to the pan. Slowly bring to the boil, stirring to help dissolve the sugar.
- Boil for approx 8 minutes, stirring regularly to avoid the marmalade sticking to the bottom of the pan.
Remove from the heat, and add the remaining 50ml gin and stir gently.
- Spoon into sterilised jars and seal.
Serve on toast or shake up one epic Breakfast Martini using the gin marmalade!